Sarathi Parivahan Driving License Application: In this step by step guide, we will provide details related to application for Driving License through Sarathi Parivahan which is the official website of the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways.
You can visit the official website here: sarathi.parivahan.gov.in/
- Essential Documents Required For Submitting Application On Sarathi Parivahan
- How to Apply for Learner Driving License on Sarathi Parivahan Official Website?
- How to Apply for Driving License on Sarathi Parivahan Official Website?
- Driving License Online Application Process On Sarathi Parivahan Portal
Here we will provide you the information about completing your Driving License Application Process and checking Learner License Status through Sarathi Parivahan official website.
For those who don’t know about Sarathi Parivahan Transport Mission Mode Project – through its flagship applications Vahan (for Vehicle Registration) and Sarathi (Driving License)- has achieved 100% automation of 1300+ RTOs all across the country. Almost 23 crore Vehicle records and 11 crore License records are available in its repository.
Sarathi Parivahan is the official website launched by the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways through which you can easily apply for an Online Driving License. Before Sarathi, citizens had to go to the Regional Transport Office (RTO) office to complete all these works, but now all the process has been done online.
Now you can apply for a new Driving License, Learner License through this system, sitting at the comfort of your home. With this, you can also know the status of your driving license. You can check the status of DL online by driving license token number instead of waiting for the DL to arrive by post.
Here in this article, we will provide you with all these procedures in a detailed manner.
Essential Documents Required For Submitting Application On Sarathi Parivahan
Submitting application on Sarathi website is very easy and can be completed in minutes. If you have all the documents ready (in required formats), it will hardly take 5-10 minutes to complete the entire application process. Here’s the list of essential documents required for submitting application on Parivahan portal –
- Aadhar Card
- PAN card
- Residence certificate
- Passport size photograph
- Form No. 2 Filled
- Medical Certificate in Form No. 1A
- Learner Driving License Application Fee
The application fee is currently fixed at Rs 150/– for all first-class vehicles. Apart from this, the applicant will also have to pay a test fee of Rs 50/-.
The current fee for second class vehicles such as motorcycles and LMV cars is fixed at Rs 150/-. Apart from this, the applicant will have to pay a test fee of Rs. 50/-.
How to Apply for Learner Driving License on Sarathi Parivahan Official Website?
You will be able to apply for Learner License on Sarathi Parivahan official website by following the easy steps mentioned below:
- First, visit sarathi.parivahan.gov.in/
- On the homepage of the website, you have to select your district in the given section.
- Now a new page will open in front of you. Here you have to click on the link of Apply Online in the given section on the left side.
- After this, a drop-down menu will open in front of you. Here you have to click on New Learner License or New Driving License option at your convenience.
- On another page, you will be given instructions regarding the Driving License application through the Sarathi Parivahan official website. After reading all the instructions, you click on “Continue”.
- After clicking on the Continue link, you have to share your personal and vehicle information & Date of Birth on the new page.
- You will have to fill the Driving License application fee by filling all the details step by step in the form. After checking all the information you entered, you click on “Submit”.
Thus, with the end of the process, you have completed your Learner Driving License application.
How to Apply for Driving License on Sarathi Parivahan Official Website?
You can apply for Driving License after one month from the date of the issue of the Learner License by the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways Department. The application process of the submitting Driving License is different from the Learner License application process.
In this, you have to submit different types of documents and more application fees. If you will read this article till the end, you will get detailed information about the documents required for the application of Driving License, application fee, and online application process.
Essential Documents Required
- Form No. 4 Filled
- Learner’s license
- Passport size photo
- Driving license issued by training school
- Application fees fixed in the directory
- Driving License Application Fee
The driving license fee for all first-class vehicles is Rs 700/-. This application fee includes Rs 200/– grand fee, Rs 200/– smart card fee and Rs 300/– test fee.
The application fee for two-wheelers and LMV car applicants is Rs 300/- more than the first-class vehicles. Therefore, applicants will have to pay a fee of Rs 1000/-.
Driving License Online Application Process On Sarathi Parivahan Portal
You will be able to apply for Driving License on the Sarathi Parivahan official website by following the easy steps mentioned below:
Note: You can apply for a Driving License one month after the date of the issue of Learner License.
For this, you can submit your application online or offline.
- In case you apply online, you will have to pay the online application fee.
- If you apply offline then you have to go to the ARTO office and submit the license application fee.
You can submit a copy of your application and all necessary documents to the ARTO office along with the application fee.
If you have passed the learner license test then you will be sent a Driving License by post at your residence.
Thus, in the end, you will manage to get your Driving License very easily.
In this way, your Driving License application process will be completed. You can also check the status of your application online, related information is given in the article below.
We hope that you will definitely find this information on Sarathi Parivahan very helpful. In this article, we have tried to cover all the essential queries which can help you to complete your application process and successfully getting your driving licence.
Do I have to pay any kind of fee to know the DL status?
No, no fee of any kind has been prescribed for this. You can easily check DL status online.
When can one apply for UP Driving License through the Parivahan Sarathi website?
One month after the issuance of the Learner License, you can apply for Driving License through the official website.
What information will I need to check DL status on the Parivahan Sarathi website?
To check the DL status through the Parivahan Sarathi official website, you will need the “Reference Number” or “Token Number “received at the time of application. Apart from this, you have to enter basic details like your full name, date of birth and date of issue of DL.
This guide along with this website are not associated with Sarathi/Parivahan. This article is only for the help of our readers. The procedure, application fee and other things may change anytime – we are not responsible for the changes.
We request you to visit the official website for more clarification. For more latest news, please visit – Indian Jagran.