– PC : Indian Jagran
Delhi’s state universities final exams, as well as semester exam, has been cancelled by the Delhi government. The government has filed a plea for this in the Supreme Court, challenging the guidelines of UGC for mandatory to conduct of final year exams. Previously the Delhi’s State University, final year exams were scheduled to be conducted from today, August 10, 2020.
University Grant Commission, UGC has intimated in its earlier notice that all state universities have to conduct the final year exams and semester exams before September 30. Amid the coronavirus pandemic, the Delhi government has filed the petition challenging the UGC guidelines to conduct the exam.
In a meeting held on July 11, the Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal had directed all the Delhi State Universities to cancel all written online and offline semester exams as well as final year exams. Further varsities were instructed to find the alternative measures to promote students appearing for the semester exams or final year exams.
The Delhi Government has raised the issue in the Supreme Court by filing an affidavit. The decision was taken by a committee lead by Deputy Chief Minister/ Higher and Technical Education Minister of the National Capital Territory of Delhi Manish Sisodia.
Delhi State Universities under the Delhi Government is;
- National Law University, NLU,
- Delhi Technological University, DTU,
- Ambedkar University, AU,
- Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, GGSIPU
- Netaji Subhas University of Technology, NSUT,
- Indira Gandhi Delhi Technical University for Women, IGDTUW, and
- Delhi Pharmaceutical Science and Research University, DPSRU.
– Delhi’s state universities final exams, as well as semester exam, has been cancelled by the Delhi government.
– The government has filed a plea for this in the Supreme Court, challenging the guidelines of UGC for mandatory to conduct of final year exams.